The Earth Day may have passed, but it’s never too late to start living a greener life. The economic conditions in the U.S. and around the globe have made a lot of folks rethink their lifestyles. Green technologies not only allow you to live a more healthy life, but they also help save the environment. And it doesn’t hurt that you can save a lot of money on your energy bill by using these technologies.
You don’t have to be a technical person to go green. It’s much more simple that all. And any step that you take, however small, will help save your money and save the planet too. Here are 7 simple ways to go green:
1. Go Solar: if you live in a location that gets a lot of sunshine, you are going to save a lot of money by going solar. You can charge up your house with solar power, and you won’t have to pay a monthly fee.
2. Use the Wind: wind engines can help you cut your bills remarkably. If you get a lot of wind in your area, you are in luck.
3. Use a dimmer: a dimmer is a system that lets you spend less energy without having to turn off your lights. It can save a lot of energy and lower your bills.
4. Fix your bathroom: Use low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets to save water and cut your costs. There is no need to waste water these days.
5. Lower your thermostat: a lot of homes that I have been to are either too hot or too cold. By taking a conservative approach, you can cut your costs without having to do too much. There is no way to make your house feel like Hawaii during winter time.
6. Buy a Kindle: you don’t have to buy paper books to get value out of them. Gadgets such as Amazon Kindle help you save money and a lot of trees in the process.
7. Car Pool: you don’t have to drive to your work everyday when you can carpool. In some cases, that might not work out. But it never hurts to try.
There are hundreds of other things that you can do to live a greener life. No step is too small. But the sooner you start, the more you will save, and the better the earth will be for it.