Our young children are the happy ones when we parents, gift them a car. Children feel that is their first step in self dependence. They need not depend on parents for going to school, friends’ houses, or to attend parties etc. With the feeling of freedom grows in the minds of children, the worry of parent’s increases.
The parents are worried because these youngsters, vigor flowing in every part of their body, have a tendency to zoom on the road in their new car. They may get involved in some accident or violate traffic and get caught by the police. The other worry of the parents is about the insurance cost of the car driven by these youngsters. Considering the fact that youngsters have a tendency to drive fast and get involved in accidents, the insurance company will charge higher insurance cost for cars driven by these youngsters. The risk factor is much more when the young driver drives on hilly roads, or when they drive when it is raining or during snow storms etc. Now, it is the turn of the parents to absorb this high insurance cost in their family budget which could some times be a bitter pill to swallow.
But, many insurance companies try to reduce the insurance cost of cars driven by youngsters by offering some discount.
1. It is easy to mend a young mind by proper counseling. In case of car driving, there are defensive Driving Schools where these youngsters are taught the lessons on safe driving, traffic rules, maintenance of car etc. Thus a youngster who attends these Driving Courses will understand the importance of safe driving. That is the reason, many insurance companies offer discount in insurance cost for those children who attend these courses.
2. The parents can include the policy of the children in their main policy. By this, they earn discount on Insurance Cost.
3. The youngsters must be encouraged to go in for a standard car which would be cheaper or an used car so that the insurance cost is lesser.
4. There are many insurance companies offering competitive quotes on insurance policy for cars driven by youngsters. Browse to get the best quote.
5. In addition to attending the Driving Courses, the parents should advice the children about the need for safe driving.
6. Encourage children not to go over mileage. Highlight to the children the need to reduce the insurance cost as much as possible so that it does not affect the family budget.